CMStep Summer 2020 Courses:
Updated March 25, 2020: All CMStep summer 2020 programming is currently planned to operate on schedule. We will update this page weekly, and if there are any changes to course schedules or locations, all enrollees will receive notifications via Canvas.
UC housing: Website
Please check course start and end times carefully when booking flights. View Calendar here. While you may desire to lock in low fares, our recommendation is that anyone booking flights now consider refundable or flexible options, should COVID-19 continue disruptions through the summer months.
Weekly Zoom sessions:
While school closures remain widespread, CMStep will be holding weekly zoom sessions for secondary Montessori teachers to network, share ideas, and support one another. Reminders will be posted here and on the CMStep FaceBook page. Zoom links will be sent via Canvas to current adult learners, or contact us.
Next Zoom session:
Wednesday, April 1 at 4pm. Eastern
Distance Learning Resources :
With many teachers moving suddenly and unexpectedly to distance learning, we wanted to make available some shared resources. Many of these are circulating on social media, but not everyone connects there.
Important Disclaimer: All resources shared here are intended to help and support secondary Montessori teachers, schools, and families, but all resources should be carefully vetted before use. An item listed here does not constitute official CMStep endorsement.
- Google doc of online resources from Williams Montessori in Charlotte, NC
- Editable Google Doc with Ideas for Activities, Books, and Parent Resources. This was started by CMStep faculty and shared widely on Facebook. Folks can add their own ideas and check back to see new entries.
- Arbor Montessori in Decatur, GA shared their Learning At Home Handbook on Facebook
- Learning how to access MOOCs, or 450 Free Online Courses from Ivy League Schools
- How to sign up for free Coursera courses
- Learning to Teach Online, Coursera course from the University of New South Wales
- The Parents Guide to Google Classroom
- Ideas for a home quarantine checklist
- A Reminder to Educators during School Closures
Have a resource to share? Contact us!