Before you get started on your journey with CMStep in Cincinnati you will have some work to complete.
Applicants are expected to download and read the Student Handbook before applying.
Preparation for the Academic Phase
- Complete the online Introduction to Secondary Montessori course by March 1st, or discuss with Katie Keller Wood
- Complete the online Overview course (required only for those who do not already possess a Montessori teaching credential at another level) by September 1.
Note: Both of these online courses are self-paced. Intro to Secondary Montessori must be completed prior to the start of Minimester One. It is recommended that adult learners complete Overview by March 1st as well, but the final deadline will be September 1.
- Purchase the following books for use in minimesters one through three. (All other books and materials will be provided during in-person coursework.)
- Children of the Universe, Cosmic Education in the Montessori Classroom, by Michael and D’Neil Duffy
- Montessori Today: A Comprehensive Approach to Education from Birth to Adulthood, by Paula Polk Lillard
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain, by Dan Siegel
- Teaching With Love and Logic, by Jim Fay and Daniel Funk