Before you get started on your journey with CMStep in Cincinnati you will have some work to complete.
Applicants are expected to download and read the Student Handbook before applying, and discuss
any questions or concerns in the admissions interview with Katie Keller Wood.
Preparation for the Academic Phase
1. Begin the self-paced, online Overview course (required only for those who do not already possess a Montessori teaching credential at another level) It is recommended that adult learners complete Overview before the start of other coursework, but the final deadline will vary by section.
- Overview requires two books: The Secret of Childhood, and The Discovery of the Child, both by Maria Montessori.
2. Purchase the following books for use in minimesters one through three. (All other books and materials will be provided during in-person coursework.)
- Children of the Universe, Cosmic Education in the Montessori Classroom, by
Michael and D’Neil Duffy
- Montessori Today: A Comprehensive Approach to Education from Birth to
Adulthood, by Paula Polk Lillard
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain, by Dan Siegel
- Teaching With Love and Logic, by Jim Fay and Charles Fay