Before you get started on your journey with CMStep in Cincinnati you will have some work to complete.
Applicants are expected to download and read the STUDENT POLICY HANDBOOK before applying.
Preparation for the Academic Phase
- Purchase, read, annotate and bring with you to Cincinnati:
- The Way of Mindful Educationby Daniel Rechtschaffen
- Maria Montessori: A Biography by Rita Kramer
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Dan Siegel
- Teaching With Love and Logic by Jim Fay
- “Community and Engagement”
- “Listening Project”
- “Clark Montessori: Preparing Students for Life After High School”
- “The Way We Gather”
- “Lasting Peace- The Work of Education”
- “Valorization of the Personality”
- “Where is Everybody”
- “Widening the Circle”
- “What’s the Difference”
- Complete the online “Overview” course.
Note: This is an on-line course and can be completed at the adult learner’s convenience. It is recommended, though not required, that this course be completed before the first summer. Adult learners will receive information to begin the “Overview” course as soon as application materials have been received. For those who already hold an Elementary Credential you are exempted from the online Overview course, though many adult learners often choose to take it as a refresher.